Reports to: Construction Manager, VP Operations
Coordinate Company Field Construction and lead construction activities within Singapore. Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day field piping and equipment installation activities including quality, safety and timeline of the Project. Field coordination of Company systems during construction, commissioning and operations phases. Represent Company locally in compliance with Company culture and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In collaboration and alignment with Corporate Engineering, Construction/Project Management, Procurement:
- The Piping & Mechanical Field Engineer is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day field piping and equipment installation activities on the Project. The individual in this role ensures adherence to design basis and quality requirements for all assigned pipe/mechanical and support installation works.
- Provides technical assistance to the contractor and keeps them informed on matters relating to safety and quality control.
- Performs coordination and communications with Design Engineering to resolve technical problems.
- Initiates, coordinates, and oversees the implementation of design changes.
- General coordination with multiple groups across jobsite (design, QC, subcontractors, etc.)
- Support the Construction Manager in resolving issues related to applicable piping & Equipment installations and activities
- Review of Work Packages in planning, working, and closure.
- Update Work Packages and/or create additional steps for appropriate changes.
- Initiating, reviewing, implementing, and/or dispositioning change requests such as Field Change Notices, Field Change Requests, Nonconformance Reports, Conditioned Reports, and other technical documentation
- In-process and Final Inspections of Mechanical components and communicating the readiness for Final Inspection with QC and contractor representatives.
- Acquiring and maintaining as-built information for pipe installations
- Request and verify material transfers and/or material verification from warehouses to contractor.
- Report weekly on installed piping/mechanical quantities and status.
- Performing field walk-downs and inspections to review work for conformance with design requirements, applicable codes/standards and project procedures.
- Updating schedulers/project controls of work completed.
- Review/interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and other documents.
- Observes and ensures construction practices as required for compliances of construction operations/execution with local regulations & codes, industry standards, company procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Achieve successful completion of assigned work responsibilities on time, within budget, schedules, and contract requirements.
- Champion the commitment to safety, security, environmental, and quality priorities and values throughout the Project
- Execute the required duties and activities with no technical direction.
- Review/interpret design drawings for constructability.
- Provide clarifications of drawings, specifications, and other technical documents as necessary to support Construction.
- Coordinating inspection and testing activities
- Revise and review revisions to project procedures and method statements as needed.
- Cross discipline review of design documents and interface with client, vendor, and other disciplines as required.
- Attend any and all job-related meeting as required.
- Report daily, weekly, and/or monthly to Construction Manager on installed quantities and status.
- Positively promote a safe and healthy work environment and employ safe work practices at all times, including documenting incidents and recommending and following through on corrective actions.
- Monitor compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain efficient communication and information sharing between the Operations Department and Engineering/NPI Departments including writing and issuing Technical reports and Return of Experience/Lessons Learned reports.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by your Supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or other related disciplines plus 6 years' experience in Engineering, Construction, design, or related discipline OR
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 9 years' experience in Engineering, Construction, design.
- Extensive knowledge of the Mechanical/Piping Construction process.
- Ability to read and interpret ISO/GA/P&ID drawings
- Familiar and experience with various water and wastewater technologies & EPC projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal/communication skills, writing and problem-solving capacities.
- Reliable, well-organized and detail oriented
- Applicants must be willing to travel as and when required.
- Ability to work in a high energy, start-up-based environment.
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas and technical information effectively with team and customers.
- Excellent customer orientation, willingness to deal with people, be flexible and be able to meet customer demands.
- Curiosity and strong drive to improve status-quo while working in a semi-autonomous environment.
- Pays attention to detail, identifies & solves complex issues.
- Checks work for quality.
- Shares suggestions to improve safety, quality &productivity.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.