This role reports to Chief Site Engineer. The functions listed below describe the business purpose of this job description. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to the business necessity.
- Follow up on survey team tasks: e.g. utility drawing (underground and overhead), bench marks, site surveys, in and out survey structures and assets, settlements, drawings, masterplan, boundaries, accuracy of survey data, daily survey tasks, etc.
- Supervise and take responsibilities for on time reporting on technical issues, planning, efficient organization, supervision, etc., in order to meet the agreed deadlines within budget limits and according to the required quality specifications of construction projects (roads, pipe racks, channel, utilities, dredging, etc.).
- Organize weekly meetings with contractors/designers/consultants and send signed minutes of meeting to the Chief Site Engineer on a weekly basis.
- Follow up, check and review project documentation (quality certificates, method statement, planning, daily reports, as built drawings, minutes of meeting, etc.) and report to Chief Site Engineer.
- Execute intermediate and final quality inspections for the works.
- Follow up and implement construction designs and technical specifications.
- Coordinate with customers (via S&M Dept.) regarding land handovers (boundary, placement of corner stones, elevation, etc.,) and construction works (utility connections, set back from fence, height of buildings, entrance gate, pipeline installation, etc.)
- Identify, report and resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and sets deadlines to ensure soonest completion with required quality.
- Ensure all contractors, suppliers, etc. comply with prevailing regulations and the company’s policies and procedures.
- Follow up and propose maintenance and repair works in assigned the Company.
- Coordinate with Operation/Jetty Operation Team.
- Involve with QSHE on sites. Take action, report to Engineering Management and maintain company’s standards (regulations, procedures, policies, etc.) at all times.
- Witness collection of test samples and quality tests (compaction test, CBR, pressure tests, sieving test, etc.,).
- Make approval on used building materials for construction works.
- Control documents of soft and hard copies in site offices of assigned projects (quality certificates, method statements, daily reports, weekly minutes of meeting, non-conformity reports, survey results, as built drawing dossier, etc.)
- Follow up on permits (construction permits, permits from Firefighting department for works in petrochemical zone, etc.,) and certificates (insurance, etc.,) necessary for contractors
- All other works as assigned by Chief Site Engineer, Head of Engineering Department, and higher management.
- Integrity and honesty
- Enthusiastic, trust-worthy and a team player
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCad / Revit or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering.
- 3 - 5 years related experience required.
- Valid certificate of site supervision and/or design.
- Great reference check results on behaviors and code of ethics/conduct
Interested candidates please apply.
- This position is only open to Vietnamese candidates
- Due to a large number of applicants, we would apologize that we will only contact shortlisted candidates.