We are looking for a Systems Integration Engineer for our client Wärtsilä.
This is a permanent position and will preferably be located in Stord, Norway. However, there is also opportunity to discuss other locations.
Within Electric Propulsion Systems we are supplying complete power systems for vessels with Mechanical, Hybrid and Diesel Electric propulsion solutions.
We are want to strengthen our team with a System Integration Engineer with special knowledge within rotating equipment (generators, electrical motors), both mechanical and electrical. Knowledge to other main power components, such frequency converter/drive systems is also a request.
What you will be doing
You will work as a technical resource for the EPMS teams both in Norway and Germany. You will work out technical solutions, best practices, participate in project pre-phase and execution.
As a System Integration Engineer your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Rotating equipment such as generators and electrical motors. Mechanical and electrical.
- Complete Propulsion systems including thrusters, drives, propulsion control.
- System engineering with responsibility to ensure the quality of the complete propulsion system and ensuring all relevant interface is taken care of.
- Support Sales in complex offering.
- Support and participate in delivery projects.
- Interface with engineering and project management stakeholders in other business units including propulsion and engines.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have
- Solid knowledge to relevant class rules.
- Capability to create technical documentation and standards.
- Clear understanding and proven background within diesel electrical propulsion.
- Willingness to work in teams.
- Proven established background in systems engineering.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Power Systems is an advantage.
Why you and us
We have an amazing team with a clear vision on being front runners in the marine market. As part of the Electric Propulsion Systems Team you will be an important contributor to our success and being one of our key experts within rotating equipment and system engineering.
We are passionate about the work we do and hope to find a colleague with a shared passion for propulsion power system technology.