We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Engineer and Lead Engineer.
We’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We count on our site reliability engineers (SREs) to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. As we expand our customer deployments, we are currently seeking an experienced SRE to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time.
Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop and support real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction. The ideal candidate would have relevant software development experience with a keen interest in production automation.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team of professionals based in Kuala Lumpur using up-to-date technologies and applying agile software development and delivery practices. Your core responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Build software and systems to support SOC operations (Web / API based systems, Data Pipeline and Various Reporting as defined by the business).
- Undertake continuous improvement on reliability, quality and efficiency of our suite of software solutions.
- Gather and analyse required metrics such as application/service usage or data pipeline capacity.
- Constantly explore opportunity to enhance solutions to keep it up to date with current technology trends such as cloud adoption.
- Provide primary operational and engineering support for the service lines that the SRE team owns.
- Involve in the build and maintenance of the CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Azure Pipeline).
- Actively contribute to the solutioning / designing of the initiative.
- Work alongside other teams within the SOC organization to deliver solutions, conduct proof of concept and Incident investigation (SIEM Engineering, Content Engineering and Security Analyst).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Mandatory experience in operating Unix environment.
- Strong in Java Programming / Python Program is an advantage.
- Experienced in developing using frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot, Django, ReactJS & Hibernate.
- Experienced in handling relational/non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL & MongoDB).
- Experienced in container orchestration tools or services (Docker Registry, Kubernetes & Docker Swarm).
- Highly preferable experienced in handling Distributed Storage such as (HDFS, S3 Bucket, Blob Storage).
- Knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies (Docker, Jenkins, Ansible).
- Experienced in working in security domain/environment is a plus.
- Experienced in using or developing in Azure cloud services is a plus.
- Experienced in data engineering developing & maintaining high throughput data pipeline is a plus.
- Understanding of Enterprise Bus concept will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- Demonstrated ability in handling communication between business users and engineering teams. (Stakeholder management)