We are looking for a Senior Accountant in Asker, Norway, for our client Wärtsilä,
Your work will focus on:
- Monitor, consolidate and report currency exposure on company and project level.
- Ensure correct action is taken for identified currency exposures.
- Work with our hedging team on monitoring incoming and outgoing payments, realizing correct currency forward contracts and correct posting of gains and losses.
- Statistics reporting
- Support in statutory accounting tasks for Wärtsilä companies in Norway
- BSc or MSc in finance, accounting, economics or similar.
- International exposure
- Experience in VAT and international tax rules is an advantage
Desired skills and competence:
- General accounting experience
- Knowledge of the ways of working of currency markets and instruments, and/or knowledge of the international accounting standards for hedge accounting would be an advantage, but is not a prerequisite
- IT skills: proficient use of MS Office and especially Excel. Other relevant tools are SAP and Quantum.
- Language: proficient in spoken and written English and Norwegian
What we offer:
You will become a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co- workers. We can offer demanding and varied work tasks, as well as good development opportunities.