Sr. Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic (PV)
For client, we have an amazing opportunity for an energetic and experienced renewable energy engineer to manage multiple renewable energy projects across continents and timelines.
As our Solar Engineer, you will be responsible to design our projects from concept to execution on the ground.
You will report directly to the EVP Solutions, in close collaboration with the Company’s other key functions.
• Works closely with multiple stakeholder teams to optimize solar PV project designs
• Support the rest of the organization with CAD work such as site layouts, standard elevations, electrical single line diagrams, basic design drawings, configuration block diagrams, other schematics and technical review of EPC Layouts and contracts.
• Support technically the Project Development processes including the review of design proposals and third-party reports.
• Promote and maintain the highest quality and consistency across all jurisdictions in the production of any CAD related work
• Support the preparation of the preliminary PV array sizing and design optimization process.
• Support the development of tools and procedures for ensuring consistency, quality and optimize design cost.
• Support engineering tools and methodologies to evaluate project feasibility and optimize project cost using CAD.
• Support and conduct engineering analysis of new technologies, performance evaluation, etc.
• Manage and coordination of external consultants to complete the internal assessments.
• Can optimize PV designs and can perform EPC design review
• Support and coordinate technical due diligence and assessments with external technical advisors and consultants
• Responds to EPC, O&M, technical advisor technical enquiries.
• University Degree in Engineering, (Electrical preferable)
• At least 5 years of working experience in Design and Engineering of PV plants
• Previous experience in Storage will be considered a plus
• Strong interpersonal, prioritizing, and time management skills
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, PVSys, Microsoft Office. Helios 3D and Civil 3D will be considered a plus
• Excellent Team-worker, capable to actively support the fulfillment of team objectives
• Highly focused on optimization of the Design cost wise.
• You are fluent in English, written, and spoken. Proficiency in other languages, especially Spanish and Portuguese, is preferred;
• You have a hunter mentality and you know what it takes to get the job done;
• Excellent communication, inter-personal, and negotiation skills.
• You have the ability to liaise with colleagues, external partners, and clients at multiple levels;
• You communicate well and professionally both written and orally;
• You have experience from and you are motivated to work in a diverse cultural environment;
For the right candidate we can offer an attractive position in a high-growth company in the exciting renewable energy industry. The work environment is characterized by highly skilled and experienced professionals with strong results and business focus, but it is also informal. Your colleagues have strong drive, they are dedicated, and are solution-oriented.
Norsk Solar AS is a fast-growing integrated solar energy company established in 2017. We have positioned ourselves as the largest Norwegian privately held solar developer with large-scale solar projects of 50 MW in Pakistan and 9 MW in Ukraine that are in operation, and more than 1 GW of projects under development and in pipeline. Our ambition is to develop, finance, build, own and operate renewable energy assets worldwide, with a focus on emerging markets - where we can make the biggest impact on sustainability and economic growth. We are currently developing projects in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa, and we are headquartered in Stavanger, Norway, with offices in Oslo, Nicaragua, South Africa, Vietnam, and Ukraine.