URGENT – tender closing soon. For our client United Energy of Pakistan we are about to issue a tender for 2 years’ service.
Please hit “I'M INTERESTED” button and apply if you are interested and qualified. The actual job will not come up before later this year (or next year), if successful tender.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Drilling Wellsite Leader is responsible at the wellsite for all related well activities with the goal of meeting or exceeding the Drilling Performance Contract.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Demonstrate and consistently apply the highest level of leadership in HSE standards, practices and policies.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment by actively participating in the onsite HSE programs
- Ensure that all company Safety Rules and HSE Regulations are followed and implemented.
- Carry out audits and drills as per COMPANY policies.
- Demonstrating HSE leadership – conducting GCM, Toolbox Talks, Pre-Job Safety Meetings, sharing LLDs, accountable for all HSE at the jobsite
- Report any hazards when situations exist where safety has been compromised and to ensure that appropriate action has been taken to correct the situation
- Co-ordinate activities in order to avoid conflicts in safety matters for SIMOPs
- Interpret Drilling procedures within context of the situation and recognizing when consultation is required. Identifying hazards, recommends and initiates mitigation actions
- Supervise COMPANY and Sub-contractor personnel in performance of Work as per UEP HSE policies and procedures
- Exhibit HSE leadership in field - role model for Welsite Drilling Engineers, Contract Personnel & 3rd Party Service Contractor’s.
- Work as an onsite commander for all Incident Management
- Ensure all work is controlled, risks and hazards identified and properly managed.
- Review the Site-Specific Emergency Response Plan prior to commencing the operations.
Experience & Qualification:
- 20-25 Year of Oil Field Experience at Onshore / Offshore wells, with 10 years’ experience as WSL / Drilling Supervisor.
- Wellsite Leader experience with Major National Operator/ Global E&P company
- Valid IWCF (International Well Control Forum) Level 4
- Knowledge of/have certification in Safety Leadership, Control of Work, PTW, Emergency Response, First Aid & CPR, Firefighting, Hazard identification, Drop Objects, Chemical Handling & Storage, Lifting Planning, AGT, Safety observations, JSA/TRA, Energy Isolation, Working at Height, Confined Space Entry, Load securing, Incident Investigation, H2S Response
Functional Scope – Wellsite Leader for Drilling Operations:
- Ensure that the Drilling/Completion/Workover program is being executed as planned.
- Assist in implementation of the Wells Engineering Management System (WEMS)
- Ensure that all activities of the site personnel are coordinate and are in compliance with the well program.
- Coordinate with off-site teams to meet well program objectives.
- Step-in and take actions where gaps are observed in all technically, safety and operational challenges.
- Demonstrates leadership and problem-solving skills regarding well priorities and objectives on all drilling safety related systems, equipment including power, electric and energy, relating systems competently to UEPL & industry standards.
- Deliver continuous performance improvement by efficient management of onsite resources and use of best practices
- Supervise/Monitor all critical jobs on site including but not limited to well killing, well control, P/U & POOH BHA, last few stands during trips, running/pulling speeds, Surveys and well direction, BOP tests, Casing/liner running and cementing, casing seat tests, coring, logging, cement plugs, DSTs, completion running and all pressure testing operations.
- Understanding of drilling practices and design such as directional well planning, well control, hydraulics, solids control, and drilling with SBM & OBM.
- Demonstrates leadership and problem-solving skills regarding well priorities and objectives, utilizing drilling instrumentation/ data gathering, bottom hole assembly (BHA) / bit systems, relating competently to industry standards.
- Detailed knowledge of Well Problem (Such as Loss of Circulation, High Pressure Kicks, Shale Problems, Stuck Pipe, High Bottom Hole temperature, Corrosion, Mud Contamination & Others), Basic cause of problem, knows how to solve with the help of Drilling fluids and can interact with Mud Engineer to come up with proper solution.
- Oversee the efficient usage of equipment and materials at the well site and ensure that logistical arrangements are adequate to ensure efficient, uninterrupted operations of drilling & completions operations and rig activities are properly maintained.
- Provides operational oversight regarding wellhead/casing installation operations to achieve well objectives with insight of potential problems related to wellhead configurations, tools and seal arrangements.
- Knowledge of Management of Change (MOC) and implement as per COMPANY’s policy
- Capability to run Software such as EDM Openwells
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to solve non-routine issues and can come up with a best possible solution
- Active management of drilling contractor and service providers in compliance with COMPANY policies
- Build team spirit and morale through inclusive behavior and respect for diversity
- Mentoring Trainee Engineers during their rotation in Drilling so they may gain a better understanding and learning of the different activities to enhance their knowledge and abilities
- Filling out and submission of Daily Drilling Reports including daily cost tracking and efficient management of both cost & equipment. Maintaining fields well history files.
- Ensure onsite lessons are captured and shared effectively
- Report, investigate, follow-up and ensure close-out of all onsite incidents and near-misses relating to personnel, equipment and procedures promptly
- Follow the COMPANY’S reporting protocols. Ensure to share the reports including but not limited to the following:
- Pre-Spud checklists
- Daily Drilling Report
- Estimated Daily Well cost
- Casing/Tubing Tally
- Casing/Liner Cementing Report
- Dull grading of the Bit
- Daily Drilling Instructions
- Investigation Report
- Non-Conformance/User Feedback Report
- Supervises the well operations and confirms the well progress by ensuring the following from service providers:
- Maintain Optimum parameters
- Monitor Hole cleaning indicators
- Torque and drag
- Mud Properties
- Downhole measurements
- Cuttings return
- Measure and tally tubular
- Wellsite Leader would be required to undergo a medical fitness test to ensure he is capable to perform all Work Duties.
The role is a rotation base role as per COMPANY Policy 28/28 days. COMPANY reserves the right to adjust the rotation of the Wellsite leaders as per Operational Requirements.
- The duration of the contract would be for two firm years with the option to extend for another year upon mutual consent of the Parties.
- The WSL shall be paid a fixed daily rate of the agreed amount between both the parties.
- The fixed daily rate shall be payable for actual days worked in UEP designated office/field. No any cost shall be applicable where WSL is off duty
- The travel time to and from Pakistan, with the maximum limit of twenty-four hours (one day) travel each way shall be considered as one work day.
- On the first trip for any newly assigned WSL, Company will reimburse the Agency for a one-way Economy Plus class airfare from the assigned personnel home base of record to Karachi, Pakistan, by the most direct routing. Thereafter, Economy Plus class return airfares from Karachi, Pakistan to the assigned personnel home base of record will be reimbursed for all rotation trips. The Agency shall be required to document this cost by providing third party documentation.
- UEP shall have the right, but not obligation, to arrange and directly pay for any airfare or other business travel expenses on behalf of the Wellsite Leader in performance of the Services. The actual cost of such directly furnished travel services will be borne by UEP. Agency/ Wellsite Leader shall advise UEP‘s representative, in advance, of any required business travel.
- All costs associated with Visa (Work Visa) shall be borne by the WSL
- The cost of the full medical insurance of the WSL would be borne by the WSL till such time that the WSL is working with the Company
The following details are requested from the Wellsite Leader.
- Details of past experience working in Pakistan (if any)
- Details of Global experience.
- Minimum notice time for mobilization of WSL to Pakistan.
- Valid IWCF Level-4 certificate and all other relevant training certificates to be submitted if successful
- Required Compensation to WSL (USD)/ Day