Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a Project E&S Compliance Manager for our Wind Project in Vietnam, to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our E&S Project Manager you will lead all E&S workstreams for the Project, in compliance with IFC Performance Standards, other lender requirements, local law and regulations and Scatec policies. You are also expected to support other business development in Vietnam on E&S matters.
- Oversee the process of Environmental and Social baseline assessment or other required studies, liaise with consultants and contribute as needed to ensure the deliverables meet compliance requirements
- Establish a robust Project ESMS for mitigation of environmental, social, health & safety and security risk and impacts by developing components of the system and by managing and supervising internal and contractors’ resources to develop project-specific and IFC-PS compliant ESMPs.
- Manage development and implementation of all supporting systems, communication and documentation for operationalizing the ESMS. Supervise and monitor ESMS implementation through regular site inspections, audits and trainings.
- Establish reporting routines and deliver monthly, and other periodical reports as per company and lender requirements.
- Take lead in development and implementation of the Stakeholder Engagement Plan to ensure stakeholders are engaged and informed in line with informed consultation and participation principle and to achieve broad community support for the Project. If required, manage consultants to develop livelihood restoration plan and lead implementation.
- Ensure Lender’s Environmental and Social conditions and deliverables (ESAP) defined in the loan agreement are followed and timely delivered
- Manage all these workstreams within the overall Project timeline, budget and risk framework, in close coordination of the other functions involved in the development and construction of the Project.
- Overview and manage the processes of obtaining required environmental licenses and permits as per Vietnam law
- Plan and represent the Project company in Environmental and Social Monitoring visits by lender, lenders technical advisors and others
- Preferred 7+ industry or consultancy experience in environmental and social management of infrastructure and energy projects in accordance with Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards;
- Experience as E&S Project Manager is a significant plus
- Experience in liaising with DFIs and stakeholder engagement and management at different levels;
- Fluent in English, spoken and written;
- University degree within environmental sciences, social sciences or economics.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills: ability to plan, organize, direct, coordinate, execute, control and evaluate projects – expert in timeline and risks management;
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative;
- You are used to changing environments and to quickly meet new challenges;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and team working skills;
- High social and intercultural competence;
- Ethics and moral integrity.