CIVIL ENGINEERING MANAGER / OSLO, NORWAY
Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a Civil Engineering Manager in Oslo, Norway, to be part of our global team, working together towards our vision – Improving our future.
As Engineering Manager you will manage the Civil Engineering discipline globally. You will also be responsible for managing key engineering deliverables in our project to ensure high quality and on-time deliveries.
Short important summary of qualifications/experience we are looking for:
- Masters degree in Civil Engineering
- 8 years+ with direct experience from civil engineering
- Needs to have Managerial experience.
- Renewable Energy background.
- Competence from Energy project / Infrastructure.
- Need to have great knowledge and understanding in the Geotechnical area.
- Soil and ground evaluation competence.
- Great experience from Excavation, Drainage / Stormwater solution.
- Candidates needs to be flexible in regards to travel on short notice to global installations
- Coordinate the civil engineering activities globally, ensuring we have the right competence, capability and capacity to support new concepts, business development and project activities
- Manage progress on engineering deliverables in structuring - and execution phase on EPC projects globally
- Manage our global team within the civil engineering discipline
- Support to Operations & Maintenance team
- Identify and qualify partners and suppliers for civil related works together with our SCM team
- Participate in relevant research communities and specialist’s environment related to our business
- Develop new civil engineering concepts and designs for new project opportunities, such as:
- Piling concepts and solutions under different soil conditions
- Cost effective fit-for-purpose ground mounted PV foundations
- Floating PV anchoring and mooring systems
- Wind power foundation designs
- Master’s degree in civil engineering
- Relevant experience in projects with a strict execution schedule
- Working knowledge and experience with foundation and piling design
- Geotechnical expert
- 10+ working experience
- Experience from Project Engineering for construction projects within energy sector covering multiple professional disciplines
- Structural design experience
- Good understanding of different EPC contracts set-up
- Ideally experience from wind power and marine anchoring and mooring constructions
- Strong analytical skills
- Drive and ability to build trust across cultures and disciplines
- Organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Solution orientated, dedicated and someone who takes ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable and “can-do” attitude
- Confident and quick learner
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken and an additional language beneficial
- Able to prioritise responsibilities and self-manage
- Ability to travel
We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to our clients vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together
For additional information, please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org